We talk about things which we cherish in our heart, things which fill our heart, mind and everything. If our hearts are extremely delighted by a happening in our life, then we can’t keep ourselves from talking about it. You would feel like shouting out to the whole world that they may rejoice with you. You would feel ever excited to talk about it. You would have seen people who have fallen in love. They are proud of their great achievement and they want to share this extreme happiness with the people around in their world.
Now, if you think that you are a Christian, let me put these questions in front of you.
- Do you cherish God?
- Are you proud to be a Christian?
Are you still thinking? Let us take this reality check. Have you realized that:
- You are a sinner?
- You have actively rebelled against God in disobedience?
- You deserve the wrath of God and everlasting punishment in hell?
- God, by his divine mercy intervened and changed your destiny in Jesus Christ?
- You can have a new everlasting relationship with God only through Jesus Christ?
- You need to walk in light according to the word of God, with the help of the Holy Spirit?
- You are sealed with the Spirit with the assurance of your salvation?
- You are looking forward for the coming of Jesus Christ, for the restoration of everything?
If your answer to all these above questions is “Yes”, then I would ask you a final question.
- How many times were you filled with this awe, gratitude and joy that you were not able to keep yourself from talking about this God who worked out miracles in your life?
If you were really happy about God and his works in your life, then you would not cease to speak about him. If you really cherish the blessings of God in your life, you will not get exhausted talking about it. Some may think that it is only those who are gifted who can share the gospel to others. It is wrong. It’s not an option given to us, rather it is a commandment. Our savior, master and Lord Jesus Christ commanded us in Mark 16:15 to go into the world and preach the gospel to everyone.
- Have you ever shared this grand life changing news which brought you great joy to anyone?
Think about it. If your answer is “No”, then you are sinning. You need to actively share the gospel in all its truth to the world around you. Do not shy away.
Some say, “Preach the gospel, if necessary use words”. This is contrary to the scripture. Bible commands us to preach the gospel actively by words.
If you think you are not gifted and are limited in your ability to speak, then you are not alone in thinking likewise. Moses did. Apostle Paul did. We need to realize that it is not by our ability that the message is accepted or rejected. God’s words when faithfully preached will bring in genuine conversion of heart. Let us not trust in our ability to articulate but rather trust in God and his words that he can change a heart of stone to a heart of flesh. Let us show in action that we really cherish God and his works in our lives. Let us boldly preach the gospel to the world around.
May God bless us in this journey!
Sharing is caring!